January 13, 2012

22

We are at 22 weeks. Here is a post to update everyone on our pregnancy. Of course i had to include the pictures. Here is what i have captured of the pregnancy so far:
11 weeks (above)
16 weeks (above)
18 weeks (above) It's a GIRL!
21 weeks (above) getting bigger
22 weeks (above) you can see the bump growing!

As you can tell i am definitely in the "are you pregnant or just getting chubby" stage. But it is so fun to see her grow! Is it hard to see the numbers on the scale go up-yes, but is it so worth it when i remember why they are going up-DEFINITELY! We love her so much already. She moves around quite a bit lately and its so much fun to feel her. Eric has been lucky enough to feel her a few times too.

I have been very lucky with this pregnancy so far. At week 6 i felt nauseated at times-mainly due to smells. Smells are a lot stronger now and it made me nauseated for that week and a half and then i went back to feeling good again. I learned that if i didn't eat anything i would feel sick. Luckily there is a quick fix to that problem-eat! The unfortunate part was that nothing ever sounded good. I think that drove Eric nuts because we both knew i was hungry but every time he suggested something i would turn it down. He learned to just put something in front of me and i would eat it. :) I was so lucky to not be really sick during that time because i was finishing up the nursing program. I can't imagine trying to study and go to clinical shifts feeling sick all the time. That just would have been the worst. I was definitely blessed! Also during the beginning weeks i was amazed at how exhausted i would feel. I would come home from school and just have to take a nap before making dinner. Or i would be at school studying for a test and i would have to take a nap because i just couldn't keep my eyes open. That slowly went away, but there are still moments when i get exhausted. I just have to remember that my body is working hard to help this little girl grow and sometimes, it needs a rest. I'm still feeling really good and doing really well.

As to cravings and things like that i haven't had any...yet. Well, nothing that i don't usually crave-you know, ice cream, peanut m&ms, warm chocolate chip cookies etc... Nope, Eric hasn't had to go on any late night runs to grab me something i have been craving-not yet at least. There was a time when fast food sounded awful all the time. I wanted nothing to do with the greasy hamburgers or fries. Mandarin oranges have been one of my favorites and lately just regular oranges are so heavenly to me. But i have no crazy weird craving stories for you.

We found out that we were having a girl on Dec 16. That was such a fun appointment. I had been looking forward to it for so long. Eric guessed that it was a girl all along, but i just couldn't decide. Part of me would decide that it was a girl and then i would have these dreams that we would go to the doctor and he would tell us it was a boy and i was devastated because i had bought everything for a girl. After a few of those dreams i just decided that i would stop thinking about it so much and just look forward to finding out what it was. We were both SO happy when they told us "It's a girl."

As far as names go, we don't have one picked out for sure. We have a few names that we really like, some more than others, but we will just have to wait and see. I'll keep you updated on that.

So far, pregnancy has been great. I get so excited thinking about names, colors, making bows etc etc and then get nervous when i realize that this is for real. It is such an exciting time in life!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the pics! So fun! I hate the "chubby" phase where you are in between too, it just looks like you could use some crunches, one morning you will wake up and there will be a baby bump there for sure! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly! you don't even look pregnant at all. You are barely showing at 22 weeks. you look great. it's so fun to feel them move and it only gets better once they get here! looks like you guys are doing well. keep updating!! miss you.

      Delete
  2. Yeah for baby girls!! Congrats, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little belly is so cute!!!! and yeah for a girl! She is going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. look at you and your cute little baby bump. i'm a little sad i won't get to see you all cute and pregnant in real life. just keep us updated on here. hope you're loving life up north. miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the baby girl Holly! You look so great :) I hope Alaska is going great and your nursing boards are going well also! Have you taken it yet? Well congrats on everything, your little girl is going to be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Holly! You are so adorable :) I am so excited for you two! It feels like yesterday that we were playing ponies and you were teaching me to put popcorn in my ice cream...now you get to be the mama pony (figuratively speaking) ;) hope all is well for you in ALASKA!!

    ReplyDelete